I had a few questions from listeners about the foul-sounding cocktail I was drinking in our last episode. It’s one of my own design, and I wasn’t kidding when I said I threw it together from the remnants of my once well-stocked liquor cabinet. So, for posterity, here’s the recipe.
The Pickled Melon
- 2 oz. Midori (or the knock-off melon liqueur that’s been sitting in the back of your liquor cabinet for two decades)
- 2 oz. Wigle Whiskey Eau de Pickle that you’ve been trying to find a way to get rid of
- a twist of lime (or a package of True Lime if fresh limes aren’t an option)
- a ludicrously large ice cube, like the kind you use to ruin a good scotch
- maraschino cherries, for garnish
Mix the liquor and lime together and shake. Pour over ice and garnish with a maraschino cherry. And that’s it. If you’re into pickles, it’s actually surprisingly good! And if you’re not into pickles, well, you’re in for a long night…
What, were you expecting something complicated?